Monday, October 22, 2007

Fall Break

Thanks to something called "herfst vakantie", a week long vacation that school children enjoy every year, I am enjoying a break from my Dutch language lessons this week. It was a much needed break. Its nice to leave work and not have to rush around on my bike all over Utrecht and go to bed so late. I can stay home and sit in my pj's and watch my bunnies hop around!

This past weekend I started the search for a wedding dress. The day is still 243 days away (according to my knot.com page). I went to a shop in Utrecht that sells couture dresses. I'm not aiming for couture, but it is the only shop I know in Utrecht! I tried on four, and one was really nice on me. It was definitely a style that I never had in mind, as it is not as 'simple' as I picture my dress to be. But it was still nice. The price was also nice... 1700 euros!! Too bad I can't afford that. Well, we shall see what else is out there. I wasn't allowed to take a picture of myself in it, but for a picture of the dress, take a look here and click on 'diamante'.

http://www.theweddingshop.co.uk/pronovias.html

1 comment:

Lissa10279 said...

Oh Christy, it's BE-AYOO-TI-FUL!! Make sure M doesn't see it ;-) Soooo exciting!! Wedding days! :) I need to check out your Knot profile...once you move over to the Nest you stop looking at it so much ;-)

You'll look like a princess--and you look FAB in that pic of you and your bunny!!! Miss you, and hope December works for a reunion.