Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The nice side of Amsterdam

This past Saturday I went to Amsterdam --yes on my day off even! But its much nicer to be able to walk around the city and enjoy it, and not go to work. I went there with my friend V to try some wedding dresses on. Then we walked around the shopping street some, and later M came and met up with us on the Leidseplein. We walked around, and as it got colder, we got hungrier, and needed to find a place to eat! We walked along some nice streets-- where the locals are and the tourists probably don't even venture out this way. We wanted to go to our Ethiopian restaurant near the Wibautstraat metro, but when we got there- it was closed! It looked like they were remodeling. So we settled for Italian instead, and of course, that was good. It was a crisp day with a biting wind. But it was a nice day, definitely. I enjoy walking through Amsterdam's streets and neighborhoods that are removed from the tourist track.








No comments: