Thursday, May 3, 2007

A piece of cake

Yesterday would have been my 2 year anniversary at the Census (my previous job before I moved here). Hard to believe that 2 years went by already. It went pretty fast (looking back, of course). If I were still in DC, I would have gone out to RFD's (a bar in Chinatown) to celebrate. I probably would have brought in some cake, as I love cake. :-)


An here I am now, working about 8 hrs/wk at a youth hostel. Tuesday and today I worked, cleaning and changing beds. On Tuesday I cleaned basically the whole first floor by myself. It was quite the job, since the weekend til Monday was full for Queen's Day. I was told there was a loud snorer in the 14-person room, which would explain why I found several empty wrapper bags for ear plugs on the floor. Today there was an Albanian man that I checked in last week, he is still here, a week later. He was playing chess with another man, I think he was Italian...they were waiting for the computer to free up. As I was going to leave the room to move the laundry around down in the basement, this man was standing up in the dining area, with his pants down at his knees. Luckily he had underwear on. I was rather shocked that a man was stripping down in the main lounge area!! I turned around and made a shocked face to my co-worker and she was just as confused. Then I went on with my business pretending I didn't see that.

But today is also the anniversary of several other important things. First, the 8th anniversary of the F5 May 3rd tornado that hit OKC in 1999. It's also my friend Alli's 26th birthday! Happy Birthday Alli! A piece of cake for you!

2 comments:

purplecrocodile said...

small detail, Pimmetje was killed on May 6 2002

Christy said...

opps...well, my post will now stand corrected and that info will be deleted.