Saturday, June 9, 2007

Already one up on my last job...

Yesterday I had a meeting with the man who 'hired' me on at the hostel, it was an evaluation on my last two months there, a sort of self-evaluation and then an evaluation on the hostel itself; if I had anything to add or change to what they do now. I didn't think I would have much to really say, seeing as I'm a volunteer, and I'm only there for about 10 hrs/wk. But I was there for more than an hour. We sat outside in the garden, and it was sooo hot and humid, I was dripping sweat the whole time. But it was a nice meeting, and he's happy with me so far. The next thing i really could do is to answer the phone, but we'll see how that goes. Just because of the language thing.

And, I got a tshirt with the name of the hostel on it! I never got that at my last job! ;-)

Last night it was kind of stormy, so that was cool to watch the lightning from our window. We also watched the movie "Eurotrip" again...such a funny movie, but it's funny to watch all the stereotypes of Europe that young Americans have....but funny enough, many of these stereotypes are also held by those within Europe. Brits as hooligans. Frenchies are 'froggies'. The Rastafari in Amsterdam. The crazy Germans. Anyways, its all just good fun.

On another note...I'm totally excited that Paris Hilton has to go back to jail. I've been following it from here too on CNN International and all my fav celeb blogs/websites. Its such a debacle, but she loves attention...now she's getting it. And if she's faking all these near nervous breakdowns, its working in her favor to get more attention. She has always gotten her way in life, and she will continue to. For once, she should be treated like us normal 'have-nots', and face the consequences for her law-breaking lifestyle, no matter how insignificant it may be (so she didn't kill anyone like OJ..but still). Maybe she won't learn anything by spending 23 days in a 12 by 8 ft cell all alone...but it will give her the opportunity to. Now we just need to lock Lindsey Lohan up as well, before she kills herself. I think LLo is more dangerous to society than Paris is.

Anyways, enough celeb gossip, I gotta go.

No comments: