Monday, June 11, 2007

Finally...I made a cappuccino!

The biggest news of last week I forgot to include in my post from Saturday---I made a cappuccino and the milk actually foamed! woohoo! It looked so nice. I was really excited. funny how little things make me so excited now.

Saturday night we were at M's parents' house for his sister's birthday. We left on the 11pm train back to Utrecht. By some odd, random chance that I cannot explain, we happened to run into this woman who is staying at the hostel now. She's from the US with a study group, and has talked to M about housing markets and stuff like that in the NL. Apparently she fell asleep between Delft and den Haag on the train, and then woke up when it was continuing on ...somehow I dont quite understand this b/c Den Haag would have been the end of the line. But in any case, I heard some woman speaking English to the train ticket person saying she thought she was going den haag and when he said its going to Utrecht, she said well that's ok, I want to go to Utrecht. Then she walked in the car, and I couldn't believe it. That was too weird for me.

Yesterday we went on a 16km hike/walk through some forested areas between Ede and Wageningen. It took like 4 hours, so I wonder if it was really longer than 16 km. it was nice, but my feet were killing me after that.

No comments: