Thursday, June 28, 2007

but it had oatmeal extracts!

You know you're integrating (commercially or materially) into a culture when all your toiletries have the native language on them. I know there are supermarkets here too, but I always bring bottles of my shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, toothpaste, face wash, lotions, and maybe some hair products with me from home. I know its not the most efficient way of packing, but I still do it. But this past week my toothpaste and my lotion ran out. My beloved Aveeno non-scented ultra-moisture body lotion with oatmeal extract. Then you know have a new lotion that isn't quite the same. It may say Vaseline on it (a known brand in the US), but for "droge en gevoelige huid" that is 'hype-allergeen & ongeparfumeerd'. Hey, at least I found a lotion for my dry and sensitive skin and is unscented!

Goodbye 'american' products, hello 'dutch/belgian/french' products

No comments: