Friday, June 1, 2007

Those crazy Belgians


black music?
Originally uploaded by dutchlop.

So apparently 'black music' is a music genre in Belgium. I was pretty surprised to see this in a huge electronics store, equivalent to Best Buy or Circuit City. This would not fly in the USA! Who is the store manager or marketing director here? I just had to take a picture with my camera phone.

But I just don't get it...its it's own separate section, next to R&B/hip hop/rap, which I would think that's what they mean by 'black music'....

So, I guess, I have to say, where is the "white music" section at? Is that like Hanson and Backstreet Boys?

This was probably the most surprising behavior I witnessed in Brussels. Not to say there are other things I don't get....like no soap in the bathrooms at the youth hostel, or cafe waitresses who have no customer service OR communication skills what-so-ever... But seriously, 'black music'? There's a reason why there aren't that many black people in Belgium...I'm sure its things like this that contribute to that.

Apparently the one black person in Belgium found the right section.

1 comment:

mattyschell said...

I agree with the comment on your Flickr page, the blue border on top looks like its the heading for the entire aisle. Don't miss the hot contraction action of the 'n' in R 'n' B either.

Where does Justin Timberlake go? Poor guy.