Saturday, April 7, 2007

Color


Color
Originally uploaded by dutchlop.
Yesterday we went to the Keukenhof, a large park, with lots of flowers. It was really very nice, and we were there for a good 3 hours actually! Partly because we were taking so many pictures! The view here is of some of the fields you could see from the park itself. For more pictures, please see my flickr page.
www.flickr.com/photos/caclabots

After the park, we rented a tandem fiets (bike) and biked around the fields and saw lots of color! The tulips aren't totally out yet, most of the colors were white/pink/blue from the hyacinths. We rode to the beach, on the North Sea, and just sat/laid there for an hour. I really almost fell asleep, it was quite nice and relaxing with the sunshine on my face and the sound of the waves crashing.

The park of course was full of thousands of tourists and Dutch people alike. It is 13 euros entrance, but really worth it. I would go back again for sure.

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

Hi! Just found you via my photos on flickr :) I wanted to ask - where did you hire the bikes from? We went to Keukenhof about three years ago on the train and it sucked. This year we'll drive, but I'd really like to hire bikes afterwards and take a ride!